Wednesday, June 29, 2005

To have a Wallmart or not to have one - that is the Question

RE: http://vancouver.cbc.ca/regional/servlet/View?filename=bc_walmart20050629

Ok so for the 100th time, there won't be a Walmart in Vancouver. The city voted pretty strongly against the application put forth by Walmart, despite it being all environmentally sound and all (can you believe the designers actually were mad, and were claiming that this is a disgrace?!). That's a good thing as they saw past the marketing gimic and realized we as Vancouverite's don't want another US led Big Box to come in and reap the hard earn cash of Canadians. And actually for me, its also a good thing personally as I don't have to be tempted by there ghetto priced items - I mean if it was indeed on Marine then I couldn't help myself but moozy on down there and get some ridiculously cheap peanut butter... But thank gawd I don't have to worry about that (as I still have my Superstore). Well that is at least for now; see Walmart still owns the land so it won't surprise me if they yet again try to propose another building option or try for another location. At least I can feel happy that they want our business that badly.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home