Monday, April 09, 2007

World Peace - A Reflection

This past weekend I attended an interfaith dialogue that was hosted by the International Sufi School. Earlier in the year Joycelin, Dipesh and I had the fortunate chance of having 30+ of our friends over to have a youth-led interfaith dialogue. From all this I've been able to make 5 general reflections.

1. The following statement is an evolving process and I can't wait to keep changing it over the coming years. Would love your thoughts on it as well:
External peace can only come from internal peace.
Internal peace can only come from the synergy and inter-connection of the mind, body and soul.
When these three components align, there will be unlimited and unconditional peace and love.

2. Humans have a 4 million year history on this planet, yet in such short time we have been at war with each other (only 10,000 years ago). Surely peace can happen within our lifetime.

3. Justice is Peace. Just = Equality, or equal.

4. I really like this one: Only when I change, the world will change. It really drives home that peace will only be found from within; if we are at peace then we can create peace for others.

5. Everything around us can be a spiritual journey. Take for instance the breath. When we breath in, we bring in life, joy, light and healthy energy (physically we bring in O2 and other nutrients to feed our cells). When we breath out we rid our body of toxins, darkness and negative energy (physically we release CO2 and other wastes).

1 Comments:

At 1:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Breathing is also a reminder of taking and giving. Sometimes, I catch myself not exhaling deeply enough and 'not-sharing' some of the air that I breath in.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home